Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Author Interview for Vanessa Fewings August 15-29


Author Interview for Vanessa Fewings



What sparked your interest in becoming a romance writer?

While writing The Stone Masters Vampire Series, I thoroughly enjoyed sprinkling in romantic moments, sensual moments, to enhance the story. It feels like a very natural transition.  
There’s nothing quite like falling in love and I take such great pleasure in observing it in my characters. 

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you?

Northanger Abby by Jane Austen.
 
Tell us 5 surprising things about yourself.

1.     I can write for 6 hours at a time and think it’s only been an hour.
2.     I’m a little shy.
3.     I’ve repelled out of a helicopter while serving as an officer in the British Army.
4.     After studying nursing I went on to become a midwife.
5.     I just co-wrote a romantic comedy novel called Piper Day with author/actress Christina Cannarella.   
   
What is your writing environment?

I need minimal distractions. Tidy. Very quiet, other than music. When I’m writing the first draft I play film scores to get lost in the scene.  
One of your favorite quotes.
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
Maya Angelou

Do you have a website recommendation for other writers?

scriptsandscribes.com
Scripts and Scribes – it’s a great site to read interviews and watch videos where other writers share their secrets.

Who is your perfect hero? And why?

In my current novel it’s Mia. She’s very heroic.
My perfect hero is flawed. He or she puts others above themselves.

Which authors have caught your interest lately? Why?

Sylvia Day, she writes beautifully. I’m also a fan of Lisa Renee Jones. Both of these authors are incredibly brave. I also admire E. L. James. It took a lot of courage to write and promote her first erotic series, especially as a new author.

What type of book have you always wanted to write?

I began reading Isaac Asimov novels at a very early age. So one day in the future I’d love to pen a sci-fi novel.
Though right now I’m concentrating on writing the other books in my Enthrall Series.

Who are your dream dinner party guests?

I love having dinner with other writers.

What’s the last movie you watched and loved?

Silver Linings.


Top three things on your bucket list.

1.     Tour Great Britain with my American husband; I can’t wait to show him my home town.

2.     Visit and tour Italy.

3.     Attend a book signing for one of my novels in New York!  

How did you get the idea for this particular novel?

The character Richard presented himself to me first and shared his story. That’s usually how I know the novel is organic. I get a sense of a character’s personality, their profession, their sexuality, their life story. Mia came next and her innocence was compelling especially when placed in the setting of L.A.’s most exclusive BDSM club. I wanted to write something sensual and sexy but also offer a storyline that had depth and meaning.  

What is your favorite scene in your new release?

It might actually be the very last scene. Though it was thrilling to write each chapter.

If you could be one of your characters - Who would you be? And why?

Mia. J

Flirting Questions

Which actor or book character do you have a crush on?

Team Cameron. ;) That will be our secret.

What’s your favorite body part of the opposite sex?

Firstly the mind!

What does love feel like?

Completeness. 

Hey, baby! What’s your sign?

Virgo.

When was your last kiss?

Ha, a few minutes ago!

What’s an absolute no-no in a relationship?
Nagging.

How did you meet your significant other?

At a party.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?

A walk on the beach.

If you could take a romantic trip, where would it be?

A surprise!

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Yes.

Flirting Quickies:


Boxers or Briefs?

Um… both


Facial hair or clean shaven?

Both.

Alpha or Beta?
  
Alpha.
  
Planner or Panster?

Planner

White wine or red?

Red

Coffee or tea?

Tea

Vanilla or chocolate?

Chocolate


Sweet or salty?

Sweet

Sleep in or get up early?

Get up early


Laptop or desktop?
Desktop
Beach or mountains?
 Beach
Winter or summer?
Winter
Cat or dog?
Dog
Twilight or Fifty Shades?
Fifty Shades
Spotlight or In the Shadows?
Shadows
City or Country?
I love both!
Clubbing or candlelight dinner?
Candlelit dinner
Backpacking or luxury hotel?
Ha! I love both!
Morning or night person?
Morning 
Christmas or Halloween?
Halloween
Optimist or pessimist?
Optimist


No comments:

Post a Comment