Monday, August 12, 2013

Character Interview with Becca Fox


Stories & Swag
Q&A with Becca Fox
S&S:
“Becca, I am so happy you took the time to come in and answer some questions from me about the upcoming release of Destructive Silence.” I reach to shake her hand but Becca engulfs me in a big hug.
Becca:
She pulls back, “No problem love.” We both sit in chairs facing each other. “Good God, how do you get your hair to do that? It’s fapulous!” She says genuinely interested.
S&S:
“Awe, you’re sweet. I’m glad you like it. It’s simply an upside down French braid with the ends tucked in.” I smile at her.
Becca:
“Well, it’s beautiful. I can’t wait to try it on my own or maybe Lacey’s. Don’t you love her red locks?”
S&S:
“Thanks Becca, you are always full of compliments--”
Becca cuts in to say, “Pfft...that IS only IF I like you.”
We laugh. “I’ll try to remember to stay on your good side.” We continue to chuckle. “Lacey’s hair is gorgeous. Tell me something, is it her natural color? Some would die for that color!”
Becca:
She throws her hands in the air. “I would die for that color.” She smiles. “Seriously, it fits her personality. She is feisty with a temper to fit the red head persona but not many see that side of Lacey. She’s so sweet.” She shies making me realize she thinks fondly of her best friend.
S&S:
Well, I’m sure readers are anxious to hear about your best friend Lacey and what this silence thing is. Care to share?
Becca:
Smiling, “Well, I have been sworn to secrecy. If I tell you I’m afraid the author will put a price on my head. And between you and me that chick is scary; like jury duty scary! She is worse than the legal system when it comes to interrupting your life.” She wails her arms around making me laugh.
“But I will tell you that Lacey and I have been best friends it seems like forever. Growing up we would take long walks around town singing songs at the top of our lungs. I apologize to anyone out there who had to witness that.” We laugh. “We knew we couldn’t sing but we didn’t have a care in the world.”
S&S:
“Okay, let’s get some good juice for our readers. We all do things that embarrass us later in life. What was the most embarrassing thing you and Lacey did together?”
Becca:
Raising her eyebrown, “We did not do that if you’re asking.” We both crack up.
“Um, something embarrassing. I think we did so many stupid things it’s hard to pin one moment.”
S&S:
“While you take a moment to think about your embarrassing moment with Lacey, let’s move onto the next question.” Becca nods.
“I’ve heard from a little birdie that you have an interesting vocabulary.”
Becca:
“What? I have no idea who told you that. Oh wait a minute, have you spoken with my dear friend Lacey?” She exaggerates the ‘dear’. “Lacey always says I speak another language. I can’t help it if I speak the truth. I think she refers to how I talk as Becc-lish or something like that.” She rolls her eyes. “I’m keeping it 100.1Don’t tell her, but she needs to expand her insights just a little. The girl can be very, I mean very, narrow minded. But, I love her and I’m the reason she is able to keep up with the times.” She smirks.
S&S:
“Becca, you crack me up. Care to tell us about the infamous Caine Rogers?”
Becca:
“I don’t want to give anything away. How about you ask me once everyone’s had the chance to read the book?” She looks away adverting eye contact. Hmm, I wonder what that means!
S&S:
“It sounds like you don’t like him.”
Becca:
“No comment.” She smiles and adjusts herself in the chair as if she is uncomfortable. I think I hit a nerve! Now she’s looking at her nails. Hmm, this has my curiosity up.
S&S:
“Okay then. I understand you and Lacey are clubbing girls. Where might we find you on a Saturday night in Baltimore?”
Becca:
“We would probably be at Club Orpheus. That’s our go to club. We know the crowd and are almost guaranteed a good set list and crowd allowing us to lose ourselves in the music.”
S&S:
“Question”
Becca:
“Answer”
S&S:
“Becca, thank you again for taking the time to sit with us today, I know how busy you must be. We cannot wait to find out what happens in Destructive Choices. Will we hear more about you and Lucas?!”
Becca:
“Ssh, no one knows about Lucas yet.” She winks and I remember her telling me about him when we set up the interview but I wasn’t supposed to say anything. Oops!!
“I’m sure you will be very pleased with both the first and the second book. And you know there’s a third, right? UGH! And Little Miss Hard-Knock-Life is pushing to get it released before the end of the year.” Shaking her head she continues, “She is a slave driver. I’m surprised I’m not shackled and chained at this very moment.” Becca sashays over to pull me into another hug. “Thank you so much for having me.” Mwah, she kisses my cheek and proceeds out of the room.
S&S:
“Well, there you have it. The interview with Becca Fox starring in Destructive Silence published August 16, 2013. Folks you’ve got to read it. Becca will be one of your favorites!! Thanks readers for tuning in. See you next time.”

1 Keeping it 100: to keep yourself real and true, no matter what anyone else thinks. ~Urban Dictionary


No comments:

Post a Comment