Thursday, September 19, 2013

Author Interview for Love Interrupted 9/22-10/1



What sparked your interest in becoming a romance writer? 

I’ve always written, but put it on hold when I had children. My daughter actually encouraged me to pick it back up.

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you?

Everyone says Fifty Shades, and I have to admit it rekindled my love for reading.

Tell us 5 surprising things about yourself.
  1. I’m thirty years younger than my husband. 
  2. I’m training for my first 5k. 
  3. I work in a tiny closet space like Harry Potter. 
  4. Some of my closest friends I’ve met online. 
  5. I don’t own cowboy boots.


What is your writing environment?  

Picture Harry Potter’s closet.

One of your favorite quotes. 

It is what it is.

Who is your perfect hero? And why?

My Perfect hero, my daughter, Hayden. She’s wise beyond her years. She’s only 15 and has the heart of an angel, loves wholly, purely, and unconditionally. She constantly puts others before herself. Secretly I want to be her when I grow up.

Which authors have caught your interest lately? Why?

Althea Romig- Her books Consequences and Truth took me for a ride, and I’m dying for Convicted. MJ Carnal’s books are awesome! Then there’s Sarah Dosher’s  Haven from The Storm…LOVE! There are so many.

What type of book have you always wanted to write?

I’ve always wanted to write a murder mystery. Very twisted.

Who are your dream dinner party guests?

That’s a tough one. I’d have to say all authors, and their muses.

What’s the last movie you watched and loved? 

Safe Haven.


Top Three Things on Your Bucket List

  1. Kiss my husband at the foot of the Eifel Tower
  2. Surf in Hawaii, and no joke
  3. make the New York Times Best Sellers list.


How did you get the idea for this particular novel?  

I had an Andrew once. I wanted to give him the life he never got to have. Not just the hearts and flowers, but the chaotic and crazy too.

What is your favorite scene in your new release? 

Definitely the sexting scene.

If you could be one of your characters - Who would you be? And why?

That’s another tough one, I would love to say Jen, because she’s strong and independent. But I’m going to have to go with Logan, because she gets to have more time with Andrew.  


Flirting Questions

Which actor or book character do you have a crush on?  

Josh Duhamel, he’s one sexy funny man.

What’s your favorite body part of the opposite sex? 

I’m going with two, arms and chest.

What does love feel like? 

Overwhelmingly emotional, extremely peaceful yet angsty. It feel intense, lumps in your throat, flutters of excitement in your tummy.
Love feels intense and overwhelming, flutters in your tummy, lumps in your throat.

Hey, baby! What’s your sign? 

Scorpio

When was your last kiss? 

This morning

What’s an absolute no-no in a relationship?

Unfaithfulness. Hands down…no cheating!

How did you meet your significant other? 

Through a family friend.  

What’s your idea of a perfect date? 

Picnic by the lake, with no one else around.

If you could take a romantic trip, where would it be?

 Paris

Do you believe in love at first sight? 

Absolutely

Flirting Quickies:


Boxers or Briefs?  

Boxers
  
Facial hair or clean shaven? 

Clean shaven

Alpha or Beta? 

 Alpha

Planner or Panster? 

Panster


White wine or red? 

Red

Coffee or tea? 

Coffee


Vanilla or chocolate? 

Chocolate


Sweet or salty? 

Sweet

Sleep in or get up early? 

Sleep in 

Laptop or desktop? 
Laptop
Beach or mountains? 
Beach
Winter or summer? 
Summer
Cat or dog?
Dog
Twilight or Fifty Shades?
50
Spotlight or In the Shadows? 
Shadows
City or Country? 
A little bit of Both
Clubbing or candlelight dinner? 
Candlelight dinner
Backpacking or luxury hotel?
Hotel
Morning or night person? 
Night
Christmas or Halloween?
Christmas
Optimist or pessimist? 
Optimist



No comments:

Post a Comment