Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Author Interview for Rose of Thorne 9/20-10/3


Mia Michelle Interview Questions

What sparked your interest in becoming a romance writer?  

I have written stories since I was six years old and I have always wanted to see the ‘happily ever after’ happen between two people.  I think that once we are with someone for a long time, we easily forget how wonderful everything had felt when it  was new and exciting.  I love immortalizing that feeling for the reader.

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you? 

Danielle Steel’s Heartbeat.

Tell us 5 surprising things about yourself 

1) I love zombie and vampire shows. 
2) I love dancing in clubs. 
3)  I have a slight obsession with Betty Boop(okay it’s a HUGE obsession). 
4) I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Degree in Child Development. 
5) I love MMA Fighting!!!

What is your writing environment? 

Anywhere I can park my booty and laptop.  This has varied from the hood of my jeep to my bathroom floor.  I will write anywhere!


One of your favorite quotes. 

“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”-Dr. Seuss

 Who is your perfect hero? And why? 

My daddy was my perfect hero. Growing up, I thought he was invincible and could protect me from anyone or anything.  He shielded me from so much of the harshness of the world until I was ready to face it on my own. He wasn’t afraid to admit when he was wrong and always stood up for what he thought was right. My hero was a humble man that would have given the shirt off his back if you needed it and never asked for recognition. I looked up to him when I was a  child and I know that my hero is now looking down from Heaven with a smile.

Which authors have caught your interest lately? Why? 

Harper Sloan, HM Ward & M. Leighton. Their writing styles are so captivating to me.  They pull me in from the beginning and leave me begging for more!!

What type of book have you always wanted to write? 

I have always written romance stories.  I love it when two people’s lives come together in unique ways to form a forever.

Who are your dream dinner party guests? 

Ooohhh..Can we lick the dinner male eye candy? LOL.. Ian Somerhalder, David Beckham, Jensen Ackles, Colin Farrell, Alex O’Loughlin, Chris Hemsworth, Emmy Montes, Raine Miller, HM Ward, Olivia Cunning, Sarah Fawkes, Jasinda Wilder, and R.K. Lilley.

What’s the last movie you watched and loved?  

Gosh this is really a hard one.  I would have to say The Conjuring since it was the best scary show I have seen in decades!!  Safe Haven would be choice for a feel good movie that I loved.

Most __outspoken_ in high school. (popular, nerdy, sporty…) Why?

I was pretty popular in high school but I was also a bit nerdy.  I played piccolo and flute in the high school band. 



Top three things on your bucket list.

1)To go back to New Zealand
2)To shop on Bond street in London.
3)To go skinny dipping with David Beckham- Hey a girl can dream!

How did you get the idea for this particular novel?  

The idea of Rose of Thorne came to me over 12 years ago and I immediately started writing down it in multiple journals. No one except close personal friends and family had ever seen my work. I have to give thanks to one of those close personal friends, who encouraged me by telling me she believed in my story.

What is your favorite scene in your new release? 

The ballet studio love scene is my personal favorite.

If you could be one of your characters – Who would you be? And why? 

I would have to say I would want to be Lucas.  He isn’t afraid to take chances and always looks at life with a smile. I would absolutely love to have his charm and confidence! 

Flirting Questions

Which actor or book character do you have a crush on?  

Book- James Cavendish ; Actor- Jensen Ackles.

What’s your favorite body part of the opposite sex? 

Mmm..DUH! The love stick!  But since we need to be less sex crazed, I will say the upper back-shoulder region. And when it is tanned with tattoos…Umph! **Drool!

What does love feel like? 

Love feels like coming home.

Hey, baby! What’s your sign? 

Taurus

When was your last kiss?

Thirty minutes ago.

What’s an absolute no-no in a relationship? 

Leaving the toilet seat up!! J Actually cheating is the big NO for me in a relationship.

How did you meet your significant other? 

I met my husband when I was seventeen years old while out cruising town with my friends.  He was a handsome cocky and just got into my vehicle and demanded my phone number.  I had just broken up with someone, so I hated all men at the time, but I gave my number to him anyways.  He actually reconfirmed my phone number with my best friend to make sure I didn’t try to deceive him. He called me the next day and we have now been together nineteen years and married eighteen.

What’s your idea of a perfect date? 

Any meal that I don’t have to cook!  Dinner at sunset on beach surrounded by candles.

If you could take a romantic trip, where would it be?  

I would love to travel to Ireland with my husband one day. 

Do you believe in love at first sight?  

Absolutely!

Flirting Quickies:


Boxers or Briefs? COMMANDO!  Boxer briefs  


Facial hair or clean shaven? Give me some scruff baby!

Alpha or Beta?  Alpha


Planner or Panster? Panster


White wine or red? WHISKEY! Red

Coffee or tea? Neither

Vanilla or chocolate? Vanilla!!


Sweet or salty? Sweet (Spicy!!)

Sleep in or get up early? Definitely Sleep in!!!


Laptop or desktop? Laptop
Beach or mountains? Beach
Winter or summer? Summer
Cat or dog? Dog
Twilight or Fifty Shades? Fifty-“Laters’ baby!”
Spotlight or In the Shadows?  Shadows
City or Country? Country
Clubbing or candlelight dinner? Candlelight dinner
Backpacking or luxury hotel? Hotel!!
Morning or night person? Night Owl! Hoot Hoot!

Christmas or Halloween? Christmas
Optimist or pessimist? Optimistic pessimist



                                   





















No comments:

Post a Comment